Bethany Reid Roahrig
Dr. Reid is a Patent Agent with the Denver office of Cochran Freund & Young LLC. Her practice includes prosecution of domestic and international patents in the area of biotechnology, genetically engineered organisms, agricultural and horticultural patents, plant patents, and plant breeders rights. She has drafted and prosecuted United States Utility and Plant Patent Applications and International Patent Applications in Europe, Japan, Australia, and Canada.
Dr. Reid holds a Ph.D. in Biophysics and Genetics from the University of Colorado Denver, and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Her graduate and postdoctoral research focused on human genetic disorders, which included genetically engineering a novel mouse line using direct gene targeting, and designing and performing in-vivo and in-vitro studies for the successful characterization of mouse models of human birth defects in craniofacial, limb, and neural tube development.
Prior to joining Cochran Freund & Young, Dr. Reid taught General College Biology and Microbiology. Dr. Reid’s intellectual property career began in 2010 as a Scientific Advisor and then in 2011 she became a Registered Patent Agent.
• U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registration No. 69,078 (12/2011)
• American Seed Trade Association (ASTA)
• Reid, B.S., Yang, H., Melvin, V.S., Taketo, M.M., and Williams, T. Ectodermal Wnt/β-catenin signaling shapes the mouse face. Developmental Biology, 2011 Jan; 349(2): 261-269.
*Featured in the Dec. 3, 2010 issue of New Scientist Magazine “Beak-nosed mice a clue to human cleft palate” by Wendy Zukerman, Issue 2789, pg. 12.
• Reid, B.S., Sargent, T., and Williams, T. Generation and characterization of a novel neural crest marker allele, Inka1-LacZ, reveals a role for Inka1 in mouse neural tube closure. Developmental Dynamics, 2010 Apr; 239(4): 1188-96.
• Reid Roahrig, Bethany, Worth A Shot, A to-the-point guide to vaccinations. Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine, 2014, October, pg. 80-82.
Biotechnology, genetically engineered organisms, agricultural and horticultural patents, plant patents, international Plant Breeders Rights, international patents, U.S. Plant Variety Protection, European Community Plant Variety Protection
Doctorate of Philosophy, Biophysics and Genetics, University of Colorado Denver (5/2009)
Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of North Carolina at Wilmington (5/2004)